Thursday 9 February 2012

A sheep in a field of Twitters

So this week's assignment gets us to research and discuss examples of effective community management and I went looking at two that I frequently follow which are @LushCosmetics and @NNUptown21.

@LushCosmestics is a Vancouver BC franchised based company that produces and sells a variety of handmade products, including soaps, shower gels, shampoos and hair conditioners, bath bombs, bubble bars, hand and body lotions and face masks.

@NNUptown21 is a local upscale fine dining restaurant owned by a husband and wife team right here in my home town.

Quick stats:
@LushCosmetics has over 35 000 followers and over 3100 tweets.
@NNUptown21 has over 1600 followers and 2900 tweets.

What I like about these communities and why I think they are effective is that they tweet regularly on what's going on. 


@NNUptown21 has a weekly brown bag take out lunch special for $5 on Fridays. $5 gets you a yummy home made sandwich and if you bring your own mug you get a free beverage! To hype up their #brownbagfridays every Thursday they run a quiz and they offer the first person who responds with the correct answer a free lunch! I also love that it's a small community and when the owners tweet you can tell their sincere and dedicated to their customers.

I love the tweets that @LushCosmetics sends out. Their tweets are playful and well suited for their brand. I love that they can be playful and fun! I get giggly when I see a them tweeting.
I'd love to hear about who you're following and why you think their community management is effective with connecting with their publics!

No comments:

Post a Comment